WHO ARE WE?
Eryri Consulting Limited are a Business Management Consultancy and an online eCommerce business, who specialises in Health and Safety, ISO Standards & CDM Regulations Documentation.
We understand that you are aware of and care about your own personal privacy interests, and we take that seriously. This Privacy Notice describes the our policies and practices regarding its collection and use of your personal data, and sets forth your privacy rights. We recognise that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility, and so we will from time to time update this Privacy Notice as we undertake new personal data practices or adopt new privacy policies.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Eryri Consulting Limited is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
- Changes and Updates to This Policy
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us – (either capitalised or not)
2. DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We endeavour to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
3. DATA SUBJECT’S RIGHTS
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
If you wish to confirm that Eryri Consulting Limited is processing your personal data, or to have access to the personal data we may have about you, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. DATA WE GATHER
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, and / or home address – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product and /or service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website.
Any marketing or information e-mails sent to our Clients will be done using the Blind Carbon Copy (Bcc.) send option, therefore e-mail addresses can be hidden from others.
We may also periodically conduct business and individual user surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve our services. Participation in such surveys is completely voluntary and you, therefore, have a choice whether or not to disclose this information.
Data you submit online may also be combined with other information you provide through other means of communication, such as postal mail.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with products and services that you have requested; providing you with special offers, and promotional items on your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services;
- Enhance your customer experience;
- Fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and / or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send / offer you a product;
- when you contact us with the intention to enter into a contract with us, we will then respond to your query on the basis of contractual necessity.
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing, or administration relating to a contract;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you personalised offers;
- Where you have contacted us with a query, we will use your personal information to respond to your query as it is necessary to protect our legitimate interests – this is to provide you with good customer service, perhaps giving you additional information on how we can support you and we hope this will lead to us working together in the near future.
- To administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products and services offered and/or provided;
- To conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers from us.
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
6. WHO ELSE CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to provide elements of our service to you, to make providing the service to you possible, or to enhance your customer experience.
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Eryri Consulting Limited in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Eryri Consulting Limited’s processes. If we wish to pass any form of sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- Site Ground host our website (WordPress) and provide our email services.
Any data submitted to us in the event of an enquiry or order via our shopping cart systems may be stored on their webservers. This is necessary so we can respond to your enquiry, or provide you with the product or services that you have requested.
When you send us an enquiry through our online form or by email, the data you submit is transferred through their mail servers before being received by us.
This third party does not use or have access to your personal information for any purpose other than cloud storage and retrieval. They may store your personal details as part of their backup procedure so that we may continue to provide our service to you.
- PayPal – If you purchase documents via PayPal to process your details in order to receive payment.
- Woocommerce / Stripe – If you purchase documents via Woocommerce / Stripe to process your details in order to receive payment.
- Google Analytics – This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site, so that we can improve the quality of information we provide to you, and services we offer to you.
- BING Analytics – This website also uses Bing Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Microsoft. Bing Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site, so that we can improve the quality of information we provide to you, and services we offer to you.
We do not otherwise reveal your personal data to third-parties for their independent use unless:
- you request or authorise it;
- the information is provided to comply with the law;
- to address emergencies or acts of God; or
- to address disputes, claims, or to persons demonstrating legal authority to act on your behalf.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
7. HOW WE SECURE YOUR DATA
To help protect the privacy of data and personally identifiable information you transmit through use of this Site, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your personal data to those employees who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees’ privacy responsibilities. When technically feasible, Eryri Consulting Limited will – at your request – provide your personal data to you or transmit it directly to another controller.
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We use SiteGround to provide antivirus, firewall and malware scanning for our website.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
Eryri Consulting Limited does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 13. Children under 13 should not send any information about themselves to Eryri Consulting Limited. If a child under 13 submits information through any part of the Web Site, and Eryri Consulting Limited becomes aware that the person submitting the information is a child, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible.
9. COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto devices such as PC’s and Smartphones you use to access a website. It allows the website to recognise that user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions. Cookies store information that is used to help make websites work. You can control your cookies by changing the settings on your browser. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain website functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in, placing an order through our shopping cart system, and sending online form enquiries.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting, or remembering your language preferences or using your country location to set language preferences.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
10. CONTACT INFORMATION
Data Protection Officer
Eryri Consulting Limited has its headquarters in Llanberis, Wales, UK and has appointed an internal data protection officer for you to contact if you have any questions, queries or concerns about our personal data policies or practices. Eryri Consulting Limited’s data protection officer’s name and contact information are as follows:
Name: P. Glyn Hughes
Eryri Consulting Limited
2nd Floor, 60 High Street
Tel No: 01286 532113
If you have any concerns about how your data is being processed by us or any of our third parties please contact us and we will attempt to resolve any issues. Eryri Consulting Limited is governed by the Office of the Information Commissioner (ICO) in the United Kingdom. In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us or any of our third parties, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioners Office (The ICO) details as below:
The Information Commissioners Office (The ICO)
Tel: 0303 123 1113
By using this Site, you agree to the terms and conditions contained in this Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use and/or any other agreement that we might have with you. If you do not agree to any of these terms and conditions, you should not use this Site. You agree that any dispute over privacy or the terms contained in this Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use, or any other agreement we have with you, will be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom. You also agree to arbitrate such disputes within the United Kingdom, and to abide by any limitation on damages contained in any agreement that are stipulated by the Supervisory Authority.
We reserve the right to amend the Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use at any time, for any reason, without notice to you, other than the posting of the amended Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use at this Site. We may email periodic reminders of our notices and terms and conditions and will email Eryri Consulting Limited customers of material changes thereto, but you should check our Site frequently to see the current Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use that is in effect and any changes that may have been made to it. Historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
Last modification was made: 1st February 2022.